I’d like to say a huge thank you to Ciarra Lorren for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s an honour and I’m so grateful. I urge you to take out a few minutes of your day to check out her blog because it’s incredible.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Questions from Ciarra:
1. Did you have any other names in mind when naming your blog? If so, what were they?
To be honest, I didn’t have anything else in mind – I was pretty generic and went for my own name…
2. Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
Hmm this is a hard one. I love sweet waffles with toffee sauce and ice cream, but I’m also a huge sucker for pancakes. I think it’s got to be pancakes!
3. Do you have any fun spring break plans?!
My boyfriend has just got back from university for a few weeks, so we’ll just be going out for dinner, movie dates – basically all the cute lovey-dovey stuff ♥
4. Can you curl your tongue?
Sadly not. I feel like everyone else I know can though…
5. Have you ever eaten an entire pizza pie by yourself?
Yep, and a bit more – without any shame either!
6. What’s your favorite TV show at the moment?
I’m currently obsessing over a British BBC thriller called ‘Clique’, although the sad part is that it’s only got 6 episodes and I’ve literally just this second finished the finale *sobs*. It’s basically about two best friends, Holly and Georgia, who go to Edinburgh university in Scotland. One of the girls, Georgia, gets drawn into an elite clique of girls and drops Holly at the click of her fingers. But a few episodes in, Holly’s jealously turns to panic as Georgia begins to act in a strange manner, which is totally out of character for her, so Holly decides to worm her way into the ‘clique’ to see what’s wrong. Every single episode leaves you wanting to know more, it’s so incredibly addicting! I’m hoping and praying they come back with a second series!
7. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
I hate being stuck indoors, so whenever I can (ideally when it’s not raining), I like to go on walks with my family or my boyfriend. I also love shopping, so a lot of my time is spent rummaging through shop rails for something new – who can beat a bit of retail therapy, eh?
8. Are you a snorer?
I say I’m not, but my boyfriend might have something to say about that as aparently I occasionally do…
9. Which blog post are you most excited to upload? (Totally stole this one!)
I’m currently just finishing a festival-wear guide – everywhere is laced with festival-styled clothes which is getting me in the summer mood. I’m loving these outfits, so I’m hoping you guys will too!
10. Who is your favorite blogger?
I love reading about all kinds of things, from fashion, to makeup, to beauty/skincare, to food, to interior design, so it’s hard to find one blog that writes about all of those! If I could narrow them down, I’d probably say Ciarra Lorren, The Rooftop View, Marble Beauty, Glitters & Roses, JUST LIKE HEAVEN, Cooking Without Limits just to name a few!
11. What’s your dream job!?
My dream job is to be working in a magazine as an editor, preferably something big. I have always loved writing, but pursuing this as a career has been my dream for just over a year now, even more so after I completed work experience at ‘Homes and Gardens’ magazine, specialising in interior and exterior design and food. I fell in love with the building (as weird as it sounds, I did – see picture to the right), the people that I was working with and the content I was helping to create. Liaising with other magazine journalists made my passion grow tenfold, and I will do everything I can to be there.
Thanks for the great questions, Ciarra!
1. What is your guilty pleasure?
2. If you could live in any country where would you live?
3. What is your go-to breakfast?
4. Cake or kale?
5. What is your advice for those trying to get into the world of blogging?
6. How would you describe your go-to style?
7. What is your dream job? (stolen from Ciarra!)
8. What’s that one food that you can never say no to?
9. Are you a morning person?
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
11. What’s your favourite film/musical?
I look forward to hearing your answers! If anyone else wants to take up this award and answer the questions, feel free!